Protocol for Official Endorsement of International IPPNW Student Projects
Proposed IPPNW student projects that wish to gain official IPPNW endorsement must adhere to the following protocol:
- Submit an application to the International student representatives which outlines:
- The purpose of the project
- How it fits into IPPNW goals and objectives
- Specific Aims
- Proposed method to be employed
- Outcomes to be generated
- Responsible parties
- Cooperative organizations (please provide specific names and contacts)
- Budget (if there is any expense involved)
- Sources of funding (proposed or confirmed- please specify which)
- International and regional student representatives will review the project with the central office student coordinator and decide whether it is consistent with IPPNWÕs purview. Recommendations will be made directly to the project manager(s). The international student representatives, the particular regional student representative(s) concerned, and central office student coordinator will work with the project manager(s) to make any suggested changes or amendments.
- Once the suggested recommendations have been addressed, the international student representatives and central office student coordinator will submit the proposal to the IPPNW Student Board of Trustees (BoT). Comments and suggestions generated will be relayed back to the project coordinators.
- Once the BoT has provided its approval, the proposal will be presented by the International Student Representatives to the Board of Directors (BoD) for official endorsement.
- As a condition of official endorsement, the project coordinators are responsible for providing the international student representatives updates on their progress and any changes made to the project design. A specific form will be provided to serve this purpose. Once endorsement has been secured, we ask the project coordinator(s) to advertise their project on the student listserve as a means to recruit interested participants. Recruitment procedures ought to be made transparent and provided to the listserve in conjunction with the advertisement.
Please check with your ISR or RSR for more updated information, and you may check here for information on writing grant proposals.