Connecting medical students
One of the main tasks in running the IPPNW International Student Movement is keeping everyone informed and connecting the different student groups world wide. For this purpose, we have created this website, started an online student magazine called e-pulse, and introduced student mailing lists, which are used to pass on announcements and exchange information. Over the years, the student movement has become a vast network of present and former IPPNW students who frequently work together on issues and projects, meet at conferences and stay in contact via e-mail.
IPPNW activities in connecting medical students:
- Student mailing Lists: You can receive up to date informations about the IPPNW student movement by joining the IPPNW student mailing list. A must for everyone who wants to be in the loop. Just click on the link to the left.
- Global Health Education: This is the site to visit if you're looking for information on Global Health Education; this website has information on courses and programs around the world on global health.
- e-pulse: Through our online student magazine e-pulse, we offer medical students a broad array of topics in form of interviews, background articles and prjoject descriptions. e-pulse is published every two months.
- SPARC: Giving medical students the basic tools and informations needed to start a local stdent group, the SPARC Campaign offers numerous resources and experiences on getting started and is a good help for newcomers to the movement.
- Student Chapters Worldwide: IPPNW student chapters exist all over the world, with new students being recruited regularly and student groups from different countries working on certain projects together, visiting each other and staying in contact through e-mail.
- IPPNW World Congresses: Besides organizing regional student conferences in regions like Africa, South Asia, North Asia and Latin America, all student leaders of IPPNW are invited every two years to the IPPNW World Congress, where experiences are shared, projects introduced and evaluated, partnerships formed and future events planned. The 2004 World Congress took place in Beijing in 2004, and the most recent world congress was held in Helsinki in September 2006.